Tuesday, August 10, 2010

John takes the high road while eating at McDonald's

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this one. John Lee, Mr. High and Mighty, opera-watching, food-photographing, approved-by-the-Queen-Defender-driving asswipe, admits to eating at McDonalds.

Yes. It's true.

But, not everything at McDonalds is up to standard.

No, he didn't get tipped off by the little "tm" next to the "100% All Beef Patty". I guess he actually likes artificial cheese slices, processed potato starch fries, and "special sauce". The fact that all the chicken meat is blindingly white, even though they use the whole chicken... that's not a problem.

But the McGriddles, they're just a bridge too far for Mr. Lee. The little M stamped in the bun is just too much.

I eat McDonald's all the time. I don't especially like McDonald's food, but I hit the drive-through all the time on my way to somewhere. But I draw the line at this McGriddles thing. The cheesy M on the bun upsets me. And the fact that the bun is supposed to be some pancake with syrup on it and the sandwich is supposed to be like a miniature breakfast in sandwich form is a little insulting.

The fact that a Big Mac is supposed to be a miniature supper in sandwich form, that's OK, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment