Thursday, August 5, 2010

Irony

A recent theme over in the Plumber's Snorkel thread has been to laugh at people fitting A/C units in their tents. The same people who list DC powered refridgerators as the absolute "first mod" they would ever do to a new truck, feel that air conditioning is just going too far. Best your sushi stay cool, rather than you, I guess. But, not to be outdone by that bit of irony, others state this:

Ben Little:

They do hate the outdoors. They hate camping. They hate everything about it accept for the part where they get to set up all their camp-trickery.


Stuart Ivie:

There are no winners here, only those who strive for perfection in "I hate the outdoors" camping.

Regarding tent a/c. They might consider adopting one of my primary tenets, which is 'I don't camp when it's too damned hot'.

Simple, especially when considering humidity in the SE US.


So.... Somebody who would actually go outside when it's hot, but manage the situation by bringing air conditioning "hates the outdoors". Yet if you just stay home when it's hot, you love the outdoors.

OK. Got it. I think.

My head hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment