Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bill Gill

Meet Bill Gill, aka: Blue. Bill is another Expedition Exchange Minion, but you get the impression they don't actually like having him around so much. That's why I don't actually have a picture of Bill yet. Bill is uh... not quite as smart as the others. Bill has problems with math and reading. For example, Bill says things like:

I always wonder what these guys are doing that they need a giant propane tank. Do any of these morons go camping for more than a night or two at the concrete picnic table campgrounds? I just spent 5 days traveling solo all over the San Juan Mountains and I only brought my little folding MSR stove and a couple small canisters of fuel. Sure, I hooked up with my friends who had their giant RVs with all the accompanying gear, but I was entirely prepared to spend the nights stuck up in the mountains and I didn't think I needed anything remotely approaching a 10lb propane tank.

Bill... Bill Bill Bill. A 10lb propane tank costs $6 to fill. Your little MSR canisters cost about $6 for 4 ounces of propane. You do the math. Ooops, I forgot, you obviously can't.

And lets not forget the irony of the whole "I'm an off-roading badass. I go roaming all over the San Juan Mountains. Solo. It was hardcore. So hardcore, that my friends in their giant 2WD RV's were able to meet me. It's a good thing I was travelling fast and light with my little backpacking stove. If I'd had a 10lb propane tank, that would have slowed me down too much."

No comments:

Post a Comment